I can't claim to have created this recipe myself, as I didn't! 🙂 This recipe was a gift from my darling friend, Merryn, from Raw Delights and I don't whether she came up with it herself or not, but knowing her, it's possible!
DO NOT make these in a Vitamix or blender – you'll kill it! I tried… BIG MISTAKE! You'll need a food processor for making these delightful delicacies.
Exploding caramel bubbles make great little snacks or post meal sweet treats as they are yummy (most important) full of texture and filling, however, the best part is that they are abundant in nutrition! Check this out….
- apricots: great for the heart, eyes, for improving moods, for good transit in the digestive system, for the immune system, good for keeping you energised
- dates: can help to protect from heart disease, restore fluid levels in the body (especially when eaten with water), excellent for improving transit time in the digestive system, good for strengthening bones, good for keeping you energised
- pumpkin seeds: great source of essential amino acids, great for healing and boosting the immune system
- hemp seeds: great source of essential amino acids, good source of important essential fatty acids important for the immune system, and for healthy skin hair and nails
- poppy seeds: great for heart health and for good metabolism
- coconut oil: great for strengthening the immune system and keeping you healthy
- cinnamon: great for balancing blood sugar, supports a healthy immune system
Overall, these babies are going to support a healthy and long life! What are you waiting for?!
Recipe: Exploding Caramel Truffles
(If you're not used to using cups, use an ordinary drinking cup as your base measurement as for this recipe, there's no need to be exact!)
- 1 cup organic unsulphured apricots
- 1 cup organic dates
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup organic poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup organic whole hemp seeds
- 2 tbs organic virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Place the dates and apricots in a food processor and pulse until broken up and sticky.
Add the pumpkin seeds and pulse or blend until the seeds are mostly broken up.
Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until well mixed.
Take a teaspoon amount of the mixture and roll into a ball. Place into a bowel. Continue until you have used up the whole mixture.
Place in the fridge (or freezer) to set.
Serve from the fridge (or freezer) with a lovely herbal tea as an afternoon treat!