Ten Uses for Hydrogen Peroxide in Your Home
2. Helping your seeds and beans to sprout faster (and not go mouldy). Dilute 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) of 3% H2O2 in a pint of water.
3. To clean chemical residue from your vegetables (good idea if you can't get organic). Use a quarter cup of 3% H2O2 in a sink full of water. Soak your veg for 30minutes. Rinse and store away in your fridge. Alternatively spray with 3% solution and leave for a couple of minutes, then rinse.
4. To sanitise your worktops, chopping boards, lunch boxes, etc. Use 3% H2O2 straight or diluted. Spray directly and allow a couple of minutes to react. Rinse.
5. To clean your toilet. Pour half a cup of 3% H2O2 into the bowl and allow to stand for 20 minutes.
6. To whiten your clothes or remove stains. Pour directly onto stain, allow to rest for a couple of minutes before washing. Alternatively, add 1/2 cup directly into your wash. Be aware that long term use can weaken the fibres of your clothes!
7. To disinfect wounds. Spray 3% solution directly onto the wound. Allow to bubble, then dab off with clean cotton wool.
8. To help clear up waxy ears. Place 3-4 drops of 3% H2O2 in the ear. Allow to sit for several minutes. Use a syringe and warm distilled water to flush out the ear.
9. To clear up acne. Pour the 3% solution on a cotton bud and apply directly to the spots several times a day.
10. As an internal healing therapy. This is contraversial; some doctors and cancer survivors swear by hydrogen peroxide as internal therapy for healing cancer. Only food grade H2O2 should be used and this needs to be a staged process. For more information, click here.