Your doctor says you’re fine and that it’s nothing to worry about. Your mother laughs at you and insinuates that you’re just vain. Your partner thinks you’re a hypochondriac. In this modern day we don’t recognise bad health unless it’s something really serious. However, your health may still be way out of whack and you may be slipping down that slope to chronic illness if you don’t stop and do something about it now.
Here are 7 warning signs that things aren’t quite right:
- Bad skin. If you are past your teenage years and still get many pimples, acne or have dull skin, this means that there is some kind of imbalance in your body. This could be a number of things from bad nutrition, to poor circulation, to toxic build up. The long term implications of this are serious and just covering up with lots of make-up or buying a more expensive cleanser is not the solution.
- Lack of energy. If you are constantly tired and feel like you’re struggling with life’s tasks all the time, your body is telling you that it’s missing something. Causes range from an iron deficiency, to poor sleep, to an imbalanced lifestyle and toxic build up, but most often it’s down to a lack of nutrition whether because of poor digestion or because of poor diet. Without adequate nutrition, your body will eventually start to malfunction, so this must be dealt with.
- Poor sleep. Restful sleep is one of the cornerstones of good health. If you are consistently, night after night, sleeping badly, your body is being deprived of the ability to effectively repair and restore. Sleep deprivation is also associated with depression, anxiety and weight gain.
- Headaches. Headaches and migraines have a number of sources, most commonly sleep deprivation, dehydration, a caffeine addiction and poor nutrition. They are your body’s way of telling you that something is wrong and should not just be masked with numbing pharmaceuticals.
- Overweight. Being even slightly overweight is unhealthy for your body. Studies have shown that being even a little overweight will shorten your life. If you are very overweight, you should seek support to help you address the causes.
- Poor digestion. Bloating, excessive wind, abdominal pain, constipation and diarrhoea are all signs from your body that something isn’t quite right. Causes range from food intolerances, to lack of pre and probiotics in the diet, to lack of fibre and excessive anxiety. All of these can be easily remedied, but unattended can lead to discomfort, toxic build up, embarrassment as well as bad absorption of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients which your body needs to function optimally.
- Feeling excessively emotional. This could be due to hormonal imbalance, malnutrition, poor sleep, low-self esteem, negative relationships and life-style imbalance among others. If you feel that your emotions are getting the better of you, analyse the different aspects of your life to find what’s causing it and seek professional advice as appropriate.
None of these symptoms on their own are life threatening, but they are signs telling you that something is not quite right and left to fester, can lead to long-term chronic illnesses and a lot of unhappiness. Take a serious look at your health and have a think about whether you are doing everything you can to live optimally. If not, or you don’t quite know how to do it for it to fit realistically in your life, seek help from a professional.
To book a **FREE Breakthrough** session with me, click here.
Any questions? Email me or post below.