I LOVE the dressing on salads. Particularly with a generous glug of organic, cold (or mechanically) pressed extra virgin olive oil. I would say that you need about two tablespoons per person of this thick, green tinged delightful stuff. (Sometimes more, if you're me.) Here are some recipes for you to experiment with. You need to test the dressing to check for the correct level of seasoning. Remember to mix well and dress the salad just before it is served to ensure it remains crisp and fresh tasting.
1. Olive oil with pink himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper. Simple, but effective.
2. Olive oil with pink himalayan salt, freshly ground pepper and freshly squeezed lemon. Zingy!
3. Olive oil with pink himalayan salt, freshly ground pepper and apple cider vinegar. Mmmm.. that makes my tummy happy.
4. Add a clove or two of garlic to any of the above. Eat this with your date, not before your date!
5. Add cayenne pepper or fresh chilli to the above for an added punch. KERPOW!
6. Add organic whole grain mustard to the above for a little je ne sais quoi… (French dressing!)
7. Substitute some or all of the olive oil with organic cold pressed hemp oil or flaxseed oil for some extra brain power (also known as Omega 3).
8. Add raw organic honey to any of the above to make it sweeeet!
Inspired? You should be — it's making me hungry!
Don't be afraid to experiment with dressings. It's difficult to get wrong, but try it before you throw it in. Salads are and should always be fun, so play around with your dressings to keep them exciting.
On the other hand, if you're the kind of person who's always in a rush, you can prepare a bottle of salad dressing and keep it so that it's ready to go. It will easily keep for a week or so.
If you have any other ideas to share, post them below!