A fresh, fruity, and lightly filling dessert; perfect for the summer time heat.
Apart from the wonderful berries, the fantastic ingredient included in this scrumptious delight is the creamy coconut oil, whose health benefits are extensive, given it’s antiviral, anti fungal, antibacterial and overall life-giving properties.
This is a beautiful blend of seasonal fruit with a subtle herby twist will leave you feeling luscious inside and out.
Recipe: Summer Fruit Delight
Equipment: High speed blender*, such as a Vitamix or Blendtec
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes.
- 1 cup of organic strawberries
- 1 cup of organic raspberries
- 1/2 a cup of water
- 8-10 sprigs of organic red currants (stalks removed)
- 1/2 a frozen ripe banana
- 2 dates
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tbs virgin coconut oil
- 4-8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp non-GMO lecithin (optional)
- Wash the strawberries, raspberries, red currents and basil leaves thoroughly.
- Take all your ingredients (reserving a tablespoon of red currants to decorate), place into a blender and proceed to blend on high speed until you make a smooth and thick mixture.
- Take 2 pretty looking bowls and serve your yummy scrummy dessert.
- Take the remainder of the red currants and gently arrange on top.