The meaty tuna makes this dish not only rich in flavour, but also fantastic for keeping hunger at bay and your vitality high.
As you may know, tuna fish is a high quality source of protein, with a balance of essential amino acids (needed by the body for growth and maintenance of muscle tissue). Fresh tuna is an excellent source of Omega 3, although pre-cooked tuna in a tin or jar doesn’t keep this health benefit. Generally I’m not a fan of tinned anything because of the BPA linings, so I always get my tuna in a glass jar, if not raw.
Tuna mayo is a classic among many, but this recipe gives it a special little twist that’ll make your taste buds cheer for joy.
The best thing is that this wonderful dish is super easy and quick to make, too!
RECIPE: TUNA MAYO
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
- 180g jar of tuna
- 2 tbs fresh parsley and coriander
- 2 tbs high quality organic or home-made mayo
- 1 Large spring onion
- 1 Large handful of heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tbs sun dried tomatoes
- Juice from half a fresh lemon
- A generous pinch of sea salad flakes
- A pinch of Pink Himalayan salt
- Wash the fresh herbs, spring onion and your cherry tomatoes.
- Chop the herbs and spring onion and roughly chop your cherry tomatoes and sundried tomatoes.
- Flake the tuna using a fork into an ample sized bowl. Add the sea salad flakes, mayo, herbs and spring onion, and tomatoes. Mix thoroughly.
- Finish by incorporating your lemon juice and pink salt.
- Your tuna mayo is complete!
It can be served as a delicious spread for crackers or eaten as a salad.
What do you like with your tuna mayo?